Wednesday, August 8, 2007

It is August; It is Summer and It is Indiana

So there may be a little heat and a little humidity. Why is everyone always so surprised that we have this weather.????? Happens pretty much every year.... Are these the same people who complain about how cold it gets??? Duh. Can't really speak for other states as I have never lived in another state, but geez, if you don't like the weather, just stick around, it will change.
Now that I have that off my chest, I feel better... Long two weeks at work. Possible HIPAA violation-- so I was appointed "in charge" and we went thru records trying to find addresses of next of kin of 299 deceased residents (there were 30 who transferred away and about 30 who were still residents in addition to the 299). To find addresses we had to look in storage boxes for 98, 99,00, 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, ....Each year has approximately 50 boxes and of course each resident has more than one "chart" so that resident's information that is suspose to be in box 39, may also to be box 38, and 40. Three ladies would search the boxes and find addresses while I wrote them down. Then a volunteer and I would wrestle those boxes back into storage. Took us 2 1/2 days. Then the fun began. Lets just say I was volunteered to get the letters out--so I learned to merge and put all those addresses in the data file. Even printed the letters. The bad news? Sent them to be signed and the letter (which I had nothing to do with) had a wrong middle initial. The person from the department of health screwed up. So Life was lovely and the lady who was to check for typos had just started when the dept of Health walked in for their annual survey. This means they give us a list of different items they want to see. Ranging from our Director of Nursing's RN license to a list of residents on dialysis to policies and procedures. They also request a list of the licensed beds and where they are located. Normally this is the administrator's secretary's job, but she is new and so I put it together and I might add, I was very close to being correct. But Kathy reviewed it and we got it straightened out and she even showed me where to get the info. We got it all together and now we just wait for them to see what else they would like to see. So I started reprinting my letters with the right middle initial of our superintendent. Tomorrow I am going to learn to print merged envelopes.!!! The excitement just doesn't end.
Derek called while on the road. Asked if I had ever been to Bakersfield. I said I thought that was where Roy Rogers museum was.... And if so, I had been through there only. He thought it looked like Indiana only all brown,. Told him it was real close to IN as we hadn't had much rain.
H e said he will be taking pictures on the way home on Friday---coming down the Pacific Highway.
Larry is putting in an outdoor outlet on the porch. Yes, in 90+ heat and I got to help. I want to curl up and nap, but I did go help and found something long enough to go thru the wall.....to make a hole in the siding from the inside.... Hopefully it will cool off this weekend so we can paint half the garage floor.!!!!! (it is just to humid now). Larry also put in another new light in the basement---is putting in a new light...I am not sure why...so you can see better....
I guess I am going to fix some sandwiches for supper; crochet awhile and see if Jan joins me this evening....on the computer...
Catch you later....

No comments: