Saturday, July 14, 2007

Derek turned 33 this past Thursday. He will be su... Are you sure it is Saturday?
Derek turned 33 this past Thursday. He will be surprised when he gets his Birthday Box---3 cartons (?) (each carton has 12 packs) of his favorite gum(that he can't find in CA.) . We only went to 4 stores to find it. And I am not mentioning the shipping costs. Geez. I could have flown it out there cheaper. Maybe we should start connecting up with the sons on their birthdays and Christmas....Hmmm...The past week was interesting....I think the fireworks started Saturday night; until 12; then Sunday there were more till 11:00p.m.; also on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday nights till 11:30 p.m. I use to like fireworks, but not having to get up in the morning at 6 a.m....I became very tired and very cranky....New city law says they can be used for two hours after dusk for three days prior to the holiday....Not good news in this neighborhood....Quite a nice show, but not much sleep. I did discover that I can sit on the front porch and watch SIA's fireworks show which was beautiful---despite the late hour. I do miss taking The Boys to see them. Derek has always loved them----probably because his birthday was the next day.\Larry remembers the night before he was born---we were sitting in the front yard about dusk and neighbor, Jack, came down to visit and asked when I was going to deliver that baby!!! Possibly I was slightly large....I told him I had been in labor since noon, but it kept stopping. The poor man fled to the safety of his front porch.. Told him I wanted to see fireworks and then we would honk as we drove out of the subdivision to the hospital (at that time only our street was paved in the subdivision. )I was tempted to send sparklers in Derek's Birthday box, but was afraid of fire laws, etc, that I would possibly be arrested.... But he would have enjoyed them.I went to a co-workers' daughters wedding last evening---and Larry cleaned the smaller office...good deal I thought, but this morning we went to clean the other office and someone was there. Hate cleaning it when someone is trying to work. Why aren't they out on the golf course like normal people????I was so sleepy by the time we got home (we had stopped at a couple garage sales on the way homezzzzzzzzzzzz0 that I laid down and napped. I have acquired canker sores this week and not only do I not wear my lower dentures, (except to the wedding), I have been putting all kinds of medicine on it and washing my mouth out with salt water... I just noticed a third one coming in!!!!! The other two are craters, you know. I increased the Lysine, too. Kill or cure methods, but i sure feel lousy. Just enough to not want to start working on a project---like taping the two side walls in the garage....which I WILL DO tomorrow. We stopped at Mennards on the way home too, and got spackling and tape...It was very warm and super high humidity and I was glad to be indoors...It has started to cool off now.While walking last week, we saw a yard that had three trees between the house and street, along the driveway...It was very nice and I said so. We now have three dwarf trees along our driveway.... I think we have over done the flowers, etc for this year. ha ha. But it is colorful.

No comments: